Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend in Tokyo

So I'm heading up to Utsunomiya today after spending my first weekend in Japan in Tokyo. Tokyo is big, hectic, and lively. It's neat to experience it and just be around here for a few days, but it's more of a place I'd like to visit rather than live. I've enjoyed my time here this weekend, but I'm ready to go on up to Utsunomiya and get settled into the city which is to be my new home. Anyway, here is a couple of pics from my time in Tokyo this weekend.


Edo Museum

People praying at Meiji Shrine

Entrance to Meiji Shrine

A wedding party getting photos taken at the shrine


A close up of the happy couple


I hope all is well with everyone. Take care and God Bless!

6 comments:

Sandy said...

In Sunday School we have been talking about how Jesus said to go out into this world and bring others to Him. God has had His hand in my lessons each step of the way, starting with the children making cards for you, also having you at the service the Sunday the kids presented Oh Jonah( I heard you singing all the way up front ;) ). This blog you are writing will be an great way for the children to follow your progress. You will be planting seeds at home, even while you are planting seeds in Japan. I will try to water them the best I can, and get out of the way of the Holy Spirit. I am so excited. We are praying for you.
Psalms 121

Anonymous said...

Jarod -
How cool that we can "keep tabs" on you even though you are so far away. I saw your Mom not too long ago and she told me you were getting ready to head to Japan. I know this is always what you wanted to do... I'm so happy for you! Stay safe and know that you have lots of faithful prayer partners back home.
Always,
Beth Creighton (Mason)

jarod j said...

Sandy, thanks so much for the prayers. I'm in desperate need of them and am grateful for them. Love you!

jarod j said...

Beth,

Long time, no see or talk. Thanks for the prayers.

jarod

robyn said...

Hey, at first I almost thought these were pics from the Ft. Worth Botanical Gardens ;)-

jarod j said...

Robyn,

Yeah, just like at the botanical gardens.....only with actual Japanese people walking around. Don't worry though. I'm sure you're not the first person to confuse Tokyo with Fort Worth. The similarities are frightening.