Thursday, July 3, 2008

Trip To Thailand

Hey all! I just got back from spending 12 days in Pattaya, Thailand. I was there for some meetings and some training. It was a good trip in some respects and not so good in some ways too. It was a great time to see friends and to meet new people. The hotel we stayed at was right on the beach and so that wasn't too shabby either. The Thai people were also very friendly and polite. I enjoy experiencing new cultures and seeing new places and so I am grateful to have had the opportunity to visit Thailand.

I've now been to 4 foreign countries in my life: Thailand, Japan, Mexico, and Haiti.

The next 4 countries on my dream list are: (in specific order) Ireland, Canada (only in the summer or early autumn though), Australia and Nebraska.

The only down side of the trip was that I became terribly sick during my last 4 days there. I can't remember ever feeling worse than I did my last day in Thailand. It was pretty bad. I actually don't remember much of anything those last few days there, except that I was ready to get home. Now that I'm back I've already started feeling a little better, having gotten some good rest in my own bed. It's also just plain nice being back in Japan. My language study starts up again in earnest on Saturday. Pray that I'll continue to make strides in the language over the next month and that God will continue to put people in my path who I can be developing relationships with and practicing what Japanese I do have with during this time.

Finally, I took my driving test for the second time two weeks ago. Yes, I failed again. This time they failed me for chewing gum. No other reason given. Just because I was chewing gum. The Bible tells us that love is patient. However, my love for the people at the driver's license facility is beginning to grow thin. Pray that God will continue to give me peace and patience as I go through this process of getting my license. The next time I am to take it is on Thursday, July 10.

Anyway, here are some pics from my trip to Thailand:

Thai people flipping around at a shopping center.

Hotel security at its finest.

The view from out in front of the hotel looking towards the ocean.

The beach at sunset.

Beautiful sunset.

I know the word that you are thinking as you look at this picture: Breathtaking!

3 comments:

Joel said...

It's a good thing you weren't chewing tobacco when you took your driver's test. I bet you're glad you dropped that habit.

Anonymous said...

Well Admiral, Best of luck to you as you take your driving test on Thursday! Or in the words of a friend from high school, "May God bless your skills".

Laura said...

Ha ha! Nebraska! That's wins the award for the funniest thing I heard today.

Gum chewing...well, my mom taught me not to chew gum in church. I guess the same applies in driving situations. You never know when slamming that break is going to make you choke...or blow a big bubble.

Glad you're feeling better.

WOAH! I just realized that Debbie wrote on your wall and it's dated July 8. It's July 7 here, which totally threw me off for a second - ok, maybe a minute.